Cheesy Mexican Spoon Bread2 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“I grew up eating this with chili on cold Colorado nights! This is a great alternative for plain old cornbread as a side!” - by lissalou22
Original recipe yields 9 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Whisk together cornmeal, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk and vegetable oil until well blended.
- Beat in egg and cream-style corn until well mixed.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan, then sprinkle with half of the green chilies and half of the Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat the layers, ending with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 266 cal
- 15.9 g
- 23.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I used yellow corn meal. I think I'd prefer the white finer ground version for a lighter end result. The flavor was good but the texture was a little heavy for my idea of spoon bread...." See more"
Sweet Corn Bread
Mexican Cornbread II
Just swipe to see more like this.