Tonya's Rich and Creamy Beef Stroganoff5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“A rich, creamy stroganoff that's even better reheated the next day. This recipe started from an old cookbook of my mother's. It's evolved over the years and is now a family favorite. This recipe easily doubles or triples for larger groups or freezing. Serve over hot cooked extra-wide egg noodles.” - by Tonya
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt butter in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat; cook and stir onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and continue to cook and stir until mushrooms are soft and liquid has evaporated, about 5 more minutes. Transfer onion and mushrooms to a bowl.
- Cook and stir beef sirloin cubes in the same skillet over medium heat until the cubes are browned on all sides and liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Pour 2/3 of the beef consomme into the skillet; scrape up and dissolve any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring mixture to a boil; set remaining consomme aside.
- Mix in garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, and hot sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer beef mixture until tender, at least 30 minutes. Simmer longer for more tender beef.
- Whisk remaining 1/3 can beef consomme with flour in a small bowl until smooth; stir into the beef mixture, return to a boil, and simmer the meat and sauce until thickened, 2 to 3 more minutes. Stir in cooked onion and mushrooms and cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 386 cal
- 29.9 g
- 12.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"easy, and delicious!..." See more"
"What do you do when you over cook the Christmas roast bea.ccs t? Make this the next day!! Perfect, add some beautifully vibrant roasted vegetables and dinner is Ready! Thank YOU very much Tonya!..." See more"
Rich and Creamy Beef Stroganoff
Slow Cooker Creamy Beef Stroganoff
Just swipe to see more like this.