Sweet and Tangy Red Chicken3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“My mother got this recipe years ago from a friend and we have been making it ever since. I think that her friend called it Sweet and Tangy Chicken but our family has always just said Red Chicken. It's good paired with mashed potatoes or rice.” - by jamie820
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix apricot preserves, Russian dressing, soy sauce, yellow mustard, onion, and garlic together in a large bowl.
- Place chicken pieces into the apricot mixture and stir to coat.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is bubbling and thickened and the chicken is no longer pink inside, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Turn the chicken pieces twice while baking.
- If sauce seems thin, transfer chicken to a platter; place baking dish of sauce under broiler until sauce has thickened, 2 to 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 394 cal
- 20.3 g
- 29.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is almost the same thing my mother has used for years.She never used the mustard or onion. I can't wait to try it again with the onion and mustard. I have used some red pepper flakes for a bit of..." See more kick once in a while."
"Made this for the first time. The family loved it and I will make it again. It was easy to do and had a good flavor. I used boneless skinless thighs and forgot the onion and it still tasted good. I..." See more'll try to follow recipe exactly next time."
Sarah's Dry Rubbed Chicken
Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.