Bow-Tie Pasta Salad18 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 35 min
“My aunt and mom created this recipe. It is a family favorite and a great item to bring to picnics and potlucks.” - by Alley
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook the bow-tie pasta at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain.
- Quickly rinse the cooked pasta in cold water to stop it from continuing to cook; drain.
- Mix the cooled pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, sliced green onions, celery, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Gently stir the salad dressing, Parmesan cheese, sugar, basil, and salt in a bowl until evenly mixed.
- Pour the salad dressing mixture over the pasta mixture; gently toss to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate 3 hours to overnight before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 317 cal
- 12.4 g
- 43.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"As is, three stars == too sweet! I'd omit the sugar and toss the broccoli in with the pasta about three minutes before done to "shock" the broccoli so it keeps its crunch and bright green color -- fi..." See moreve stars. Also good if you substitute the green onions with diced sweet or red onions. For a full meal, I add leftover cooked chicken or ham."
"I was so skeptical about this dressing. The sugar with the Parmesan seemed like it couldn't be good. As I was putting it on the salad, I was scared I was going to end up wasting all those great ingred..." See moreients. Wow. Was I wrong! It was phenomenal. My husband and son raved about it, and they're not ones to rave. Later in the night when they usually snack on cereal or sandwiches, they both had bowls of the leftovers from this instead. And they don't touch leftovers! It's nothing short of a miracle."
Hope's Colorful Pasta Salad
Fresh Summertime Bow-Tie Ham Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.