Baked Chicken Oscar Dinner (Yep, the Whole Shebang)2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Baked chicken with creamy Havarti cheese, crab, and hollandaise sauce is served with crisp asparagus and roasted red potatoes. Measurements do not have to be exact. Season to taste.” - by TL in SA
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place red potatoes into a separate 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over chicken breasts and 1 tablespoon oil over potatoes.
- Combine sea salt, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, lemon and herb seasoning, onion powder, 1 teaspoon dried basil, and black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken and potatoes each with half the seasoning mix.
- Cover both baking dishes with aluminum foil.
- Bake chicken and potatoes in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes; remove chicken and top each breast with a folded slice of Havarti cheese. Return chicken to oven and bake until Havarti cheese is melted, chicken is no longer pink inside and juices juices run clear, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove chicken and potatoes from oven and allow to rest covered for 5 minutes.
- Whisk hollandaise sauce mix with milk in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil and stir in butter until melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in white pepper, 1 teaspoon dried basil, and 1 pinch garlic powder.
- Place asparagus into a skillet over medium heat. Pour water into skillet about 1-inch deep and bring to a boil. Cover skillet and steam asparagus just until tender but still bright green, 2 to 4 minutes.
- To serve, place each chicken breast onto a serving plate and top breasts with imitation crab meat.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of hollandaise sauce over each serving and place several spears of asparagus on top; drizzle 2 more tablespoons of sauce over each portion. Serve remaining hollandaise sauce on the side. Garnish with a pinch of paprika and serve with 2 red potatoes on each serving plate.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 924 cal
- 50.7 g
- 71.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Baked Chicken and Zucchini
Baked Chicken on Rice
Just swipe to see more like this.