Couscous Gourmet1 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This meal will satisfy anyone and appeal to the biggest food critic with a few simple tricks!” - by nataleezfoodz
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and stir in couscous. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer couscous until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand covered for about 5 more minutes to let couscous dry.
- Stir butter and 1 teaspoon basil lightly into couscous until butter is melted; set couscous aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir asparagus, zucchini, red bell pepper, and garlic in the hot oil until the vegetables are tender and just starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Pack the couscous tightly into a measuring cup or bowl; place serving platter face down on top of the cup, invert the platter, and remove cup to turn couscous out onto the platter in a rounded shape.
- Arrange cooked vegetables around the mound of couscous; place 1 sprig of basil in center of couscous to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 399 cal
- 11.2 g
- 67.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Very simple, but tasty. Didn't have the couscous with flax seed so substituted whole wheat couscous with a roasted garlic and olive oil flavor. Used orange pepper instead of red. Omitted butter...." See more"
Black Bean and Couscous Salad
Hot Breakfast Couscous
Just swipe to see more like this.