Jorge's Pasta-less Eggplant Lasagna4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Roasted eggplant strips take the place of pasta strips and feta cheese takes the place of mozarella. This is a fun and delicious twist on the Italian favorite.” - by ChefJorge
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Soak eggplant slices in a large bowl of lightly salted water for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Whisk olive oil and Italian seasoning together in a bowl.
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with the seasoned olive oil.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a baking sheet and place in preheated oven; broil until browned, 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Set oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Measure 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Stir ricotta cheese, egg, and remaining Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- Stir spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, and ketchup together in a separate bowl.
- Spread a small amount of spaghetti sauce mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Top spaghetti sauce mixture with a layer of broiled eggplant slices.
- Cover eggplant layer with a layer of the ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle a layer of feta on top of the ricotta mixture.
- Cover feta layer with ground beef layer.
- Sprinkle a layer of spinach on top of ground beef.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with a final layer of eggplant topped with the reserved 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbling and cheese is browned, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 598 cal
- 39.9 g
- 26.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"My husband and I loved this recipe, the problem we usually have is that I really like eggplant and he's not crazy about it. I decided to try this out since their were so many ingredients, at way the ..." See moreeggplant would not have to be center stage. He says it's a definite keeper, all,I changed was adding more spices to the sauce and the meat, and I omitted the ketchup. Thanks for a new eggplants recipe!"
"I would make again. Although I did not use ketchup or diced tomatoes and just used my left over meat spaghetti sauce from another meal...." See more"
Irresistible Eggplant Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.