Saucy Chicken and Asparagus Bake5 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Chicken breasts bake with asparagus in a creamy sauce with Cheddar cheese for an easy supper.” - by Christine
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook chicken breasts until browned, turning once, about 5 minutes per side. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Place asparagus into the prepared baking dish; arrange chicken breasts on top.
- Mix cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice in a bowl; pour over the chicken and asparagus.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is bubbling, the chicken is no longer pink inside, and the juices run clear, about 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Uncover the dish and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese; allow to stand until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes, before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 595 cal
- 45.1 g
- 13.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"You MUST add water to the cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice mixture before poring it over the chicken and asparagus. The asparagus creates a liquid at the bottom of the baking dish du..." See morering cooking so in order to make the dish edible, I had remove the chicken (scraping off most of the thick soup mixture and melted cheese) and asparagus from the baking dish before stirring in enough hot water to make a sauce."
"I made this last night - appreciated the ease, and the sauce was good, but next time I will definitely bake the asparagus in a separate dish! Asparagus needs to be bright green and crispy!..." See more"
Chicken Asparagus Roll-Ups
Just swipe to see more like this.