Bailey's Irish Cupcakes14 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“These sweet cakes taste just like the real thing! A fun variation of a plain cupcake. These taste great topped with whipped cream or a buttercream frosting.” - by Claire
Original recipe yields 1 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until the butter is light and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes; beat in sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, at least 5 more minutes.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time, mixing until each yolk is just combined before adding the next; mix in sour cream and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Sift flour in a separate bowl with baking powder and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into the liquid ingredients in thirds, alternating with Irish cream liqueur, until the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into the lined muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cupcakes are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 234 cal
- 12.3 g
- 25.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I wasn't a fan of these. The flavor was fine (I left out the almond extract in order to accentuate the flavor of the Bailey's) but I was not impressed with the texture. I found the batter too loose an..." See mored the resulting cupcake heavy, dense and moist - TOO heavy, dense and moist. Perhaps both the Bailey's and the sour cream should both be reduced but I'm afraid I'm not interested in this recipe enough to play around with it. These were just passable."
Chocolate Beer Cupcakes With Whiskey Filling And Irish Cream Icing
Just swipe to see more like this.