Irish Cream Ice Cream10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 15 min
“I LOVE Irish cream ice cream, so when I got my own ice cream maker I went looking for a recipe to duplicate it. To my horror after an extensive search of the internet I could only fine one, and it was WAY to large for my 2-quart maker. So I came up with one of my own. The result was a surprisingly good substitute for the expensive brand! Because of the liqueur it takes a bit longer to harden than the recipes without liqueur, but the wait is worth it!” - by Brandee
Original recipe yields 2 quarts
- Beat together half-and-half, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until the sugars have dissolved.
- Stir heavy cream and vanilla extract into the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- About 2 minutes before the end of freezing time, pour Irish cream liqueur into the ice cream maker; allow the machine to finish freezing the ice cream.
- Transfer ice cream into a freezer-proof container with a tight lid and place in freezer until ice cream is hardened, at least 4 hours.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 223 cal
- 14.5 g
- 18.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"This was great! To cut down the fat a little, I used 4 cups of half & half instead of 2 cups half & half, 2 cups heavy whipping cream. Thanks for the recipe...." See more"
mauigirl.. Intermediate not a
"This has amazing flavor. The consistency was a little too icy and very hard to scoop. I will have to experiment with this further to see if I can change that. Thanks for sharing a delicious ice cream!..." See more"
Banana Walnut Ice Cream
Rose Petal Pistachio Ice Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.