O'Reilly's Pig Wings1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 2 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“Deep-fried pork shanks slathered in spicy apple butter sauce. Great replacement for chicken wings. These are from O'Reilly's Irish Bar and Restaurant, downtown Indianapolis, IN.” - by CNM CATERING
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Cover pork shanks with water in a large pot over medium heat; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the pot, and gently simmer pork shanks until tender, about 2 hours. Skim foam that forms on the surface of water as pork cooks; pour in more water as needed. Drain pork shanks and allow to cool, about 15 minutes. Remove surface moisture with paper towels.
- Pour root beer into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced to 4 cups, about 20 minutes.
- Stir apple butter and hot sauce into root beer; reduce heat to low and simmer to keep warm, stirring occasionally, while frying shanks.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Gently lower pork shanks into hot oil, 2 or 3 at a time, and deep-fry until meat is crisp and brown, about 3 minutes per batch. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve pork shanks slathered with hot apple butter sauce.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 378 cal
- 15.1 g
- 32.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Hi, Tried as written .Sorry. It just did not work. I couldn't taste the Pork! I lightly seasoned them with my Favorite Season's . Did Deep Fry until lightly Brown and cooked through.Dipping Sauce was..." See more ,Garlic Butter W/ Italian Seasoning,Or Hoisin Sauce. Tiggy1 ( p.s. did leave some fat for extra flav.)"
Boneless Buffalo Wings
New Year's Eve Chicken Wings
Just swipe to see more like this.