O'Cheeze Potato Soup3 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Said to be from a chain restaurant. My daughter worked there and used to bring it home. When she quit I had to make it for myself. I'm so glad she knew the recipe. I love it.” - by robograndma
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and crumble when cool.
- Cover potatoes with water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat until tender but not mushy, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat and stir in flour; mix until smooth. Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly whisk in half-and-half until smooth. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, and cook until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in processed cheese cubes until melted and smooth.
- Season with white pepper, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce.
- Mix in cooked potatoes, cover, and simmer until potatoes are very tender and soup is thickened, about 30 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each bowl with equal amounts shredded Cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, chives, and parsley.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 397 cal
- 28.2 g
- 23 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I went with this recipe hoping to make the potato part in my crockpot.......but my crockpot died. I transferred everything to a large soup pot and went on with the recipe. I actually made a double rec..." See moreipe of this with the intent of leftovers for tomorrow. After the potatoes cooked, I mushed them with the old fashioned potato masher, then folded in the cheese sauce. I did not use half-n-half in this recipe, I used whole "lactose-free" milk in it's place. That made no difference in the taste of the soup. After tasting it, I did add in more garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. This was a very nice cheese-potato soup. My husband and kids especially liked it. The flavor of the Velveeta went well with the potatoes--the flavor reminded me of scalloped potatoes."
"Made exactly didn't have any flavor. Sorry but it was a huge waste of time..." See more"
Winter Leek and Potato Soup
Kimmy's Potato Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.