St. Patrick's Day Deviled Eggs2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“I wanted a great GREEN recipe for St. Patty's day but couldn't really find one, so I came up with this and hopefully everyone will get into the St. Patty's spirit with green deviled eggs!” - by Sabrina
Original recipe yields 24 deviled egg halves
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Remove from hot water and chill at least 30 minutes in a bowl of cold water or in the refrigerator, until eggs are cold.
- Prepare egg dye according to package directions in a large metal or glass bowl.
- Gently crack eggs but do not remove shells so that the egg dye can reach the egg whites.
- Place the cracked hard-cooked eggs into the dye, working in batches if necessary, until dye seeps through the cracks and colors the eggs slightly, about 5 minutes per batch.
- Rinse eggs and peel to expose the green marbled color; slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Scoop egg yolks into a bowl and mash with a fork and mix in the mayonnaise and celery; stir green food coloring into the yolk mixture.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg halves; top each egg half with a parsley leaf.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 119 cal
- 8.9 g
- 3.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Pretty good!..." See more"
"I made my egg dye using 1 cup warm water & 1/4 cup white vinegar + green food color. My eggs must have had really thick membranes because even though I thoroughly cracked the shells the dye didn't so..." See moreak through to the egg white except for in a couple of places. WARNING - if you want to pipe the filling into the eggs do not use a star tip - the celery plugged the tip - I pushed a little too hard to try and clear it and ended up with a green egg yolk explosion. As for the filling it needs to be kicked up a notch. Thanks for a fun idea - it just didn't work out too well for me."
Creamy Cajun Deviled Eggs
No Yolk Deviled Eggs
Just swipe to see more like this.