Raleys Irish Corned Beef Stew4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 2 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 40 min
“A delightful hearty corned beef stew; complex flavors from the corned beef spice packet and addition of vinegar. It makes a wonderful leftover.” - by BobBlum
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place flour into a large bowl; toss corned beef cubes in flour to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat and brown corned beef cubes on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the spice packet from the corned beef over the meat; mix in potatoes, parsnips, carrots, onion, water, stout beer, beef broth, and any unused flour; stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until corned beef is very tender and the stew has thickened, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Mix cabbage into the stew and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 458 cal
- 23.8 g
- 41 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Stew is always a 'whatever I have' mosh pot in my kitchen. With that said I am rating this with a few substitutes but really do not think it changes the outcome except for minor personal tastes. I us..." See moreed raw apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar, regular beer, no parsnips and added peas at the end. Absolutely loved it, had a reminisce flavor of sauerkraut which goes hand-in-hand with corned beef."
"I haven't tried this as of yet, but I know it will be wonderful I can smell it cooking already. Thanks for the recipe....." See more"
Irish Boiled Dinner (Corned Beef)
Spicy and Tender Corned Beef
Just swipe to see more like this.