Irish Soda Bread and Whiskey Butter4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 9 hr 25 min
“An old family recipe that gets rave reviews!” - by kkleinlmt
Original recipe yields 1 loaf
- Place raisins in a small bowl; pour in whiskey and allow to soak overnight.
- The next day, drain raisins and reserve the leftover whiskey.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Stir drained raisins, orange peel, and caraway seeds into dry ingredients.
- Beat in buttermilk and 1/4 cup melted butter to make a thick batter.
- Transfer batter to prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter in a bowl until fluffy; beat in reserved whiskey, 1 teaspoon at a time, to taste. Serve with soda bread.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 321 cal
- 12.2 g
- 43.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Love this recipe! It is very tasty and moist, no need to spread butter on it...." See more"
"SOOOOOO good! I used craisins instead of raisins and used a sweet whiskey (SoCo). yum :)..." See more"
Nana Dot's Irish Soda Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.