Irish Apple Cake4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Wonderful with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Just a touch of spice and the lemon is a nice touch to set off the applesauce. Hope you enjoy. Top with whipped cream or lemon sauce.” - by DOMINIAKS
Original recipe yields 1 9x9-inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat in egg yolks, butter, and lemon zest until dough is thoroughly mixed.
- Mix applesauce, cinnamon, and cloves together in a small bowl.
- Press half the dough into the prepared baking pan; spread applesauce mixture over dough in a layer. Top with remaining dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is browned, 40 to 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 490 cal
- 25.2 g
- 61.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Topping this cake is key. By itself, it's a bit dry, but has a nice flavor. I sprinkled the top of the cake with a little cinnamon before baking and served the cake with a tart lemon sauce...." See more"
Apple Honey Bundt Cake
Apple Cinnamon White Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.