Irish Dairy Cake11 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“This is an authentic Irish recipe. I got it from a dear Irish friend. It is not for the faint of heart.... but it is divine.” - by Aven
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch cake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt®).
- Cream butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating each egg until fully incorporated before adding the next one.
- Mix in cream cheese and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour, about 1/2 cup at a time, until batter is smooth and velvety. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 1 1/2 hours.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 525 cal
- 27.7 g
- 63.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"This revisits a common recipe of a solid performer. This classic, standard pound cake recipe is so popular and so enduring because it’s delicious and turns out perfectly every time. On this occasion..." See more, I used the batter for cupcakes for my grandbaby’s Baptism. I filled them about 1/3 full, dotted them each with 1/2 tsp. of seedless raspberry jam, then added more batter to about 3/4 full. I baked them at 350 degrees about 23 minutes, then frosted them with a Vanilla Buttercream. The combination of the cake, the raspberry and the buttercream couldn’t have pleased me more. The flavor variations in this cake are limited only by your imagination – in this case I used 1-1/2 tsp. of clear vanilla and 1/2 tsp. of almond flavoring; but rum, coconut, orange, lemon are all just a few of the many interesting alternatives. Bake this dependable pound cake recipe with confidence, and beware of those recipes with changes in the amounts of sugar or, most particularly, butter. (Now, cross your fingers for me that these make it intact to Minneapolis tomorrow for Andrew’s Baptism!)"
"This butter-bomb is not for the faint of heart (!), but it is outstanding. It resembles a rich pound cake. I sifted some powdered sugar on top, but thin slices would also be great with a fresh fruit s..." See moreauce and whipped cream."
Cream Cheese Pound Cake III
Fresh Lemon Bundt Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.