Chunky Vegetarian Vegetable Soup (Fast and Easy)18 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I make this super-easy vegetarian vegetable soup about every other week. It's thick and hearty, almost like a stew. Served with warm whole grain bread it makes a filling meal. Use green peas or green peas in place of okra if preferred.” - by jbr319
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in hot oil until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir garlic into the onion mixture; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Pour vegetable broth and tomato sauce into pot. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir carrots and potatoes through the broth. Simmer until carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Drop corn, edamame, okra, and kale into the soup. Continue to simmer until okra is tender, 5 to 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 151 cal
- 5 g
- 22.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"This soup is absolutely delicious! You can use any vegetables you desire especially now (summer)with all of the fresh vegetables in season...." See more"
"Great soup. Substituted grean beans and peas for the okra and edamame just because that is what I had on hand. I liked that this soup didn't have an overly acidic, tomato flavor. The corn gave it a ..." See morenice sweetness."
Quick and Easy Vegetable Soup
Colene's Easy Tomato Vegetable Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.