Diane's Scotch-Irish Potato Salad2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This is my mother's recipe and is a combination of my two grandmothers' potato salad recipes. It leans a little to the Irish side. My mother's maiden name is McClain and her mother's maiden name is McBee. I like to make this the night before so the flavors will blend.” - by Cindy Foster
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Remove skins from potatoes and cut into chunks. Place in a large bowl.
- Lightly stir celery, red onion, eggs, black olives, green olives, dill pickle relish, sweet pickle relish, and paprika with potatoes until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in mustard, vinegar, and mayonnaise; stir lightly until all ingredients are coated and moist. If salad isn't moist enough, stir up to 1/2 cup more mayonnaise into salad.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. For best flavor, make the day before and refrigerate overnight.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 259 cal
- 8 g
- 42 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This was tasty. I cut the recipe down to 6 since I didn't need so much. I skipped the eggs because I'm not a fan of them in potato salad. This was nice. I've never used green olives in potato salad be..." See morefore. I enjoyed it but my family wasn't thrilled with the green olives. I'll make this again. Thanks!"
Roasted Red Potato Salad
Bacon and Eggs Potato Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.