Irish Potato and Chive Casserole14 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“A new twist for mashed potatoes. I usually add a dash of onion and garlic powder. I also do a taste test prior to baking to see if they need more salt. Potatoes are combined with cream cheese, sour cream, chives, butter, and paprika...Delicious!!” - by BAWHITE1
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place potatoes in a large pot of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Combine hot potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and salt together in a large bowl. Mash until creamy.
- Spoon potato mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with chives and paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 425 cal
- 27.4 g
- 39.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"This is one of my most favorite ways to make mashed potatoes. I like to add a little sauteed fresh minced garlic, too. Whenever I make this, there's NEVER any leftovers. NOTE: This is a great base for..." See more colcannon, too. Just steam your cabbage and cook your bacon to a crisp and crumble, then fold the cabbage and bacon in. It's seriously heavenly."
"I don't know what it is that makes it so, but there's something about taking relatively ordinary mashed potatoes and baking them that transforms them into something extraordinary. Hubs said this is r..." See moreemiminscent of what you'd you'd get in fine restaurants. Since I was making this for just the two of us I piped the potatoes with a large open star tip into 6 oz. ramekins which made this elegant as well as delicious."
"VERY delicious. I didn't change anything. My husband is a huge potato loving guy and loved it. I did cover the casserole for the first 20 min and took the cover off for the remaining 10 min. my oven t..." See moreends to over bake and I didn't want it to be dried out. I served it with corned beef instead of the usual boiled potatoes. Will be a new tradition."
Mashed Potato Casserole
Ham and Potato Casserole (Easy and Economical!)
Just swipe to see more like this.