St. Patty's Day Leftover Corned Beef Casserole1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“What do you do with all the leftover corned beef that you have the day after St. Patty's Day? Here is a casserole that puts the Reuben sandwich to shame. Serve with lime-pear gelatin salad.” - by Marlene
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat until bubbly.
- Cook and stir onion in the melted butter until browned, about 8 minutes. Set onion aside.
- Stir corned beef, chili sauce, and mayonnaise together in a bowl.
- Spread sauerkraut in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Spoon corned beef mixture on top of sauerkraut.
- Sprinkle cooked onions on top of corned beef mixture.
- Top onions with 1/2 cup Swiss cheese.
- Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven. Bake 30 minutes.
- Cut individual biscuits in half. Remove casserole from oven and place halved biscuits on top of casserole. Bake until biscuits are lightly golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup Swiss cheese on top of casserole. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 546 cal
- 36.3 g
- 28.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was awsome!!!! it does not have a strong saurekraut taste which I was happy about. A good comfort food for those long winter nights..." See more"
Corned Beef and Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts
Just swipe to see more like this.