Gram's Potato Candy1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“This candy is a staple for the holidays in my home. I remember my grandmother making this every year. I believe the original recipe came from a bag of sugar. It is quite sweet, so a little piece will do. Tint the candy any color you like with food coloring, if desired.” - by Grymz
Original recipe yields 32 servings
- Place potato cubes in a small sauce pan and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Mash potato in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir 1 cup confectioners' sugar into mashed potato; mix well. Gradually stir remaining confectioners' sugar and milk to form a firm dough. Incorporate green food coloring at this point if using.
- Sprinkle work surface with confectioners' sugar, and roll dough into an 8x12-inch rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread peanut butter evenly onto the dough.
- Tightly roll dough into a log, jelly roll-style, beginning at the wide end.
- Wrap log in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until the candy sets up, about 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-inch slices.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 75 cal
- 1.4 g
- 15.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I am so glad I found this recipe! It's been years since I had this candy as a child...." See more"
Potato Candy from Ohio
Just swipe to see more like this.