Pumpkin Bread Recipe10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“A quick bread would make a handsome addition to any holiday dessert table. It is almost like a banana bread, but uses pumpkin puree instead.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 1 9x5-inch loaf
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, Chinese five-spice powder, and allspice until combined.
- Stir flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 282 cal
- 13.7 g
- 36.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I only made one change and that was using chopped pecans in the bread only because we don't care for walnuts. I did up the pecans to a full cup because I wanted to sprinkle some chopped nuts on top. I..." See more made muffins out of this recipe instead of one big loaf. I was able to get 18 muffins out of one recipe. I baked my muffins at 350* for almost 22 minutes. These muffins were moist, chewy, flavorful and all around just WONDERFUL. One of the best pumpkin quick breads I've ever made. I'll make this one again."
"This was just OK. Not great. I have used other recipes in the past that I liked better. The batter was very, very thick, so it took longer than the suggested time to cook. I didn't use the Chinese Fi..." See moreve-Spice powder. I used Nutmeg instead. The pumpkin flavor wasn't strong enough for my taste. A good starting off point for pumpkin bread, but needs lots of tweaks."
"Just took this out of the oven & had to taste it. It is scrumptious! Granted, I didn't use the the Chinese spice either, just went with what I had on hand, which was pumpkin pie spice, I used 3 tsp of..." See more it. The rest of the recipe I kept the same . The reason I wanted to use this recipe is, it only makes one loaf. It is SO moist and just wonderful. Mine didn't turn out as high as in the pic above, but nonetheless, a wonderful pumpkin bread recipe, delicious. Thank you!"
Pumpkin Cheese Bread I
Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.