Zebra Cake III19 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 30 min
“This easy-to-make icebox cake seems to be as popular today as it was 50 years ago.” - by Joanne L. Hayes
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Beat cream in a large glass or metal mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract, continuing to beat until the cream holds stiff peaks. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the whipped cream should form a sharp peak that holds its shape.
- Spread a generous teaspoon of whipped cream on each cookie. Press cookies together to make 3-inch stacks.
- Spread a 1-inch wide line of whipped cream down center of a serving platter. Assemble cookie stacks into a log on platter following the line of whipped cream.
- Frost cookie log with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, slice diagonally to create striped pieces.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 430 cal
- 29.7 g
- 38.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"My family has made this recipe since I was a kid but the cookies can be difficult to find. They are called Famous Chocolate Wafers by Nabisco. They come in a Yellow rectangular box and are usually f..." See moreound on the top shelf in the cookie aisle or with the ice cream toppings. Sometimes they are only available around the holidays. The frosted cookies are laid on their side in a long row and then the whole thing is frosted with more whipped cream. This does not work with Cool Whip! It won't soak into the cookies to make the cake-like filling. This recipe is usually a dessert that the kids help with. They make the stacks of frosted cookies and put them on a plate and I put the cookies on a platter in a row. I save any broken cookies and crush them to sprinkle on the top. We always called this Holiday Log. YUM!"
"My Mom and Dad were married just before WWII. Mom made this cake all the time. My sister and I loved it! It is so easy to make. The cookies turn into cake in the frig. Yum!..." See more"
Cake Batter Ice Cream
What (Chocolate) Dreams Are Made Of Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.