Cheesy Potato Cakes1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“Easy cheesy Irish boxty-type potato cakes.” - by Crystle
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix grated potatoes with flour in a large bowl.
- Stir Cheddar cheese and mashed potatoes into the grated potato mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg, ranch dressing, and milk together in a separate bowl; pour mixture into potatoes and stir.
- Heat vegetable in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop tablespoon size scoops of the potato mixture into the hot oil.
- Pan-fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 261 cal
- 12.8 g
- 29.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"We were disappointed in these but with alterations these could be good. As written the potato pancakes were bland and are in definite need of flavor. I would add onion and garlic. They were crispy on ..." See morethe outside and doughy in the middle. An egg may help or reducing the amount of flour."
Oven-Crisped Potato Cakes
Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes
Just swipe to see more like this.