Paddy's Chile Verde3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 4 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 45 min
“One Easter I was unable to find a leg of lamb to roast, as is traditional in my family. The best I could find was chunks of lamb, in my local Mexican market. So I decided to defy tradition and use the ingredients around me. Best Irish-Mexican Easter EVER! Serve with toasted flaked almonds, crumbled cotija cheese, and homemade croutons.” - by wsf
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Arrange the tomatillos, onions, poblano peppers, and garlic on a baking sheet.
- Cook the vegetables under the broiler until the skins are charred on the side facing the heater elements; turn the vegetables and continue cooking until equally charred, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove and discard the root and outer skin from the onion and garlic; remove and discard the stem and seeds from the peppers.
- Working in batches, combine some of the tomatillos, onion, poblano peppers, garlic, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, lager-style beer, cumin, salt, and pepper in a blender to about half full. Holding the lid in place, pulse a few times to get the mixture moving before leaving the blender on to puree to a smooth texture; pour into a slow cooker.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Cook and stir the lamb cubes in the hot oil until browned on all side, about 5 minutes; transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 4 hours.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 487 cal
- 22.4 g
- 24.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"It was great! I love the Irish-Mex combo! Served it with some roasted red pepper and on a bed of brown rice and it was a hit. Thanks for the recipe!..." See more"
"We don't have fresh tomatillos in Australia, so I had to use canned. I also didn't have lager so I used beef stock. A few little changes but not too many. It was fabulous! I served it with a bean ..." See moreand avocado salsa and brown rice. Husband loved it and took the leftovers for work the next day. Great meal to do in the slow cooker, absolutely delicious."
Slow Cooker Chile Verde
Green Chile Beef Tacos
Just swipe to see more like this.