Ham and Potato Casserole (Easy and Economical!)0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Another old family recipe, handed down mother to daughter. I assume it is Irish, because it was from that side of the family, and it also makes a LOT! Fortunately, it is excellent reheated (and better the next day, too!) My mother always made this with leftover holiday ham, which makes it even more economical. Can be baked in the oven (very slow!) or cooked on the stovetop (my preferred choice).” - by ckurtz
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Grease a heavy pot or Dutch oven.
- Layer about 1/3 of the potatoes into the bottom of the prepared pot.
- Spread 1/2 of the luncheon meat on top.
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 of the margarine and about 1/3 of the salt. Repeat the steps once more, then layer the remaining potatoes and margarine on top. Season with salt.
- Pour milk over potato mixture and cover.
- Heat pot over medium-high heat until milk begins to bubble, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 332 cal
- 14.4 g
- 41.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Mashed Potato Casserole
Easy Scalloped Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.