Indian Curry Couscous with Broccoli and Edamame3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“A quick, light couscous stir-fry with Indian flavors. Great for vegetarians, but easily adapted into a chicken dish. Feel free to substitute veggies any way you like. Other options include sliced zucchini, string beans, eggplant, carrots, snow peas, and celery. Also try adding sesame seeds, flax seeds, or sesame seeds towards the end of stir-frying. Can be served with plain yogurt.” - by namiknows
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil in a saucepan. Add couscous and reduce heat to medium; simmer until broth is absorbed and couscous is tender, about 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add ajowan seeds.
- When seeds begin to sputter, stir in garlic and reduce heat to medium.
- Stir turmeric, curry powder, hing powder, chili powder, and cinnamon into the garlic mixture until garlic is browned, about 3 minutes.
- Cook and stir edamame and broccoli in the spice mixture until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle sesame oil atop vegetables.
- Spoon vegetables over couscous to serve.
Amount Per Serving (3 total)
- 413 cal
- 18 g
- 45.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This was very tasty and pretty easy to make as well. I loved the blend of spices. As a carnivore, I decided to add chicken. With the chicken, it probably does not need as much edamame as the original ..." See morerecipe calls for (there was a lot of edamame!) Yum!!"
Easy Curry Couscous
Broccoli with Rigatoni
Just swipe to see more like this.