- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 50 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 5 min
“Also known as 'Dublin Coddle,' this is sweet but very good on a cold day. This is an Irish dish.” - by wildcat
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cook bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes; transfer to a large pot, reserving the drippings in the skillet.
- Cook sausages in the hot bacon drippings until evenly browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side; add to the pot with the bacon.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic cloves in the bacon drippings until tender, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to the pot with the bacon and sausages.
- Place the caraway seeds, rosemary, sage, thyme, and bay leaf onto the center of a 8-inch square piece of cheesecloth. Gather together the edges of the cheesecloth and tie with kitchen twine to secure.
- Layer the potatoes and carrots atop the mixture so the spice satchel rests in the middle of the ingredients.
- Pour enough apple cider into the pot to cover the ingredients completely.
- Place the pot over medium heat; bring to a simmer and cook, taking care to not boil, about 90 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 489 cal
- 23.9 g
- 41.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Irish Root Soup
New England Razor Clam Chowder
Just swipe to see more like this.