Baked Melt Mac N Cheese and Roasted Cauliflower1 Reviews
“Extra cheesy mac and cheese is served with roasted cauliflower for a delicious, low-calorie dinner.” - by Melt Organic Buttery Spread
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta about 5 minutes until its just tender, but not completely cooked.
- Drain pasta and transfer to greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix in about two-thirds of the cheese into the pasta and set aside.
- In a small pot melt the Melt Buttery Spread. Add the salt and pepper, then whisk in the flour until combined. Stir in the rice milk. Keep stirring until it starts to boil, then keep stirring for about another minute until it thickens up. You may not end up using all of the milk so that the liquid thickens but is not like a paste.
- Pour the milk mixture into the pasta and mix everything well. Top with the remaining cheese. Top with a layer of breadcrumbs, and lightly dust with paprika.
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and top is starting to brown. If you like it spicy sprinkle some of the chili flakes on top when serving.
- Roasted Cauliflower: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice together in a medium sized bowl. Cut the cauliflower into florets and toss it in the mixture. Place on a sheet pan in a single layer.
- Let roast for 20 to 25 minutes, turning as necessary, until the tops are beginning to brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the rosemary, sea salt, and pepper.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 544 cal
- 20.5 g
- 76.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was delicious! Used skim milk instead of rice or soy milk and 2% skim cheddar cheese - Everything else the same - cauliflower was awesome - will definitely make again...." See more"
Italian Turkey Meatballs
Gluten-Free Macaroni and Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.