Oven-Crisped Potato Cakes1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Oven-crisped potato cakes are easy and have less fat and calories than traditional potato cakes.” - by Marty
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Put potatoes and onion on a clean towel. Roll up towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir flour, salt, and black pepper into potato mixture; mix well.
- Stir egg and 2 teaspoons canola oil into potato mixture until combined.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Scoop up potato mixture with a 1/4-cup measuring cup and drop into hot oil. Flatten into patties with a spatula. Cook patties until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer cakes to prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until cakes are browned and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 87 cal
- 3.7 g
- 11.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"My family loved these! We had them with Easy After Work Chicken and sour cream, these were really good. I used fresh potatoes but otherwise followed the directions exactly. YUMMY..." See more"
Crispy Potato Pancakes
Foolproof Potato Latkes
Just swipe to see more like this.