Potato, Leek, and Pea Soup1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Once you make this, it becomes a family staple. Top with croutons and chopped green onion.” - by Diane
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir leeks in the melted butter until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir potatoes and chicken broth into the leeks and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Stir peas and tarragon into the soup; simmer until peas are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than half full.
- Hold down the lid of the blender with a towel and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup in the pot.
- Pour milk into the pureed soup and bring to a simmer over medium heat until heated through. Season with salt and black pepper.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 356 cal
- 4.3 g
- 67.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"My 3 year old ate it. My husband said it was missing ham hock and asked if it was split pea soup. I thought it was okay. Pretty decent recipe could use some tweaking but I doubt I will be making it..." See more again. I made it only to get rid of some leeks I had in the fridge and used fresh peas from my garden instead of frozen. Didn't have tarragon so substituted oregano instead."
Creamy Potato Leek Soup II
Potato Leek Soup I
Just swipe to see more like this.