Braised Orange Chicken4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Tender chicken thigh meat simmers in an orange juice and pepper broth for a citrus-inspired meal that's ready in just 30 minutes, but tastes like it cooked for hours.” - by Michael Ketchum
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken thighs in the hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken thighs and set aside.
- Cook and stir onion in the same skillet until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, orange juice, orange liqueur, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes until thoroughly combined.
- Return chicken thighs to the skillet, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is tender and no longer pink inside, 25 to 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 543 cal
- 18.5 g
- 67.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Good, flavorful recipe. I did not have orange juice so I used the juice of two whole oranges and added a little water so there was enough liquid. I also added some of the orange pulp to ensure it ha..." See mored enough flavor. I also did not have canned tomatoes so I used one whole fresh tomato. Even with my substitutions, this was an easy recipe with great flavor; I will be making it again."
"This was an easy recipe to follow. The flavor is very subtle. The changes I made are: stewed tomatoes with Italian seasoning instead of diced tomatoes and I used a whole chicken (fryer). It took a..." See morelmost 2 hours to make with the whole chicken (I did not cut it into pieces). I also didn't use the optional alcohol. The chicken was very tender."
Spicy Orange Chicken
Amazing Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.