Guinness® Ice Cream2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 5 hr
“Subtle smoky/chocolatey flavors make this ice cream a divine treat for St. Patrick's Day or any day. Don't skimp on the cream! How about a scoop on top of a brownie or chocolate cake?” - by ScandoGirl
Original recipe yields 1 quart
- Combine cream, milk, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise with a sharp knife and scrape seeds into cream mixture. Place bean pod into mixture and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and discard vanilla bean pod.
- Place egg yolks in a bowl. Gradually whisk in 1 cup hot cream mixture.
- Whisk the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan and place over medium heat. Whisk constantly until slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Mixture should coat the back of a spoon. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Transfer cream mixture to a bowl and chill until cold, at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Simmer Irish stout beer in a saucepan over low heat until reduced to 2/3 cup, about 15 minutes. Chill the stout beer syrup at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Whisk together chilled cream mixture and beer syrup; pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- When machine has finished, pack ice cream into a airtight container and store in freezer.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 394 cal
- 26.8 g
- 32.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Super Lemon Ice Cream
Rose Petal Pistachio Ice Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.