Green Apple, Jicama, and Prawn Salad with Mint, Lemongrass, and Dijon Dressing4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“A Southeast Asian chopped salad bursting with exotic flavors. Sweet yet tart. My boyfriend was surprised when I duplicated this salad after we raved about it at a popular restaurant in San Francisco. Enjoy.” - by debola
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Cook shrimp in boiling water until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, 3 to 5 minutes; drain.
- Rinse shrimp with cold water to cool completely. Peel, devein, and slice shrimp in half lengthwise; set aside in a bowl.
- Toss apple, jicama, and carrots together in a large bowl.
- Place mint leaves, olive oil, sugar, vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, and lemongrass in a food processor. Pulse until blended but slightly chunky, about two 10-second intervals.
- Pour dressing over apple mixture; toss until well mixed. Cover salad and shrimp separately with plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix shrimp into salad before serving; garnish with cilantro.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 340 cal
- 28.2 g
- 18.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This is a very tasty dish for sure. The only change I made was to use rice vinegar instead of white. A little labor intensive, but so worth it. Salad does need to sit a little while to let the dressin..." See moreg do it's thing, but as the directions say don't add the shrimp til it's time to serve. Thank you for a great recipe."
Apple, Pecan, Cranberry, and Avocado Spinach Salad with Balsamic Dressing
Sweet and Sour Spinach Jicama Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.