Asian-Style Chicken and Vegetables1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“It's a good way to eat your veggies! Serve over white rice and a little soy sauce and lime.” - by JENISSE
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix chicken with ground ginger, black pepper, garlic salt, and sesame oil in a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook broccoli, bell pepper, and mushrooms in the boiling water until broccoli is just tender, about 3 minutes; drain.
- Whisk cornstarch and 1/2 cup water together in bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cooked vegetables, jicama, brown sugar, and honey into chicken. Add cornstarch mixture and continue cooking and stirring until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle sesame and peanuts over chicken and vegetables before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 209 cal
- 10.4 g
- 16.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I really like how simple and adaptable this recipe is and will almost definitely be making it again. The seasoning on the chicken is simple but delicious. I ended up leaving out the brown sugar and ..." See moreeven though I had the cornstarch slurry mixed up and ready to go I decided it was unnecessary as there really wasn't much liquid to thicken. The flavors aren't quite there on their own, but that's ok because it was totally condiment-ready. I topped mine with a little sriracha and soy sauce and my husband topped his with sriracha and sweet chili sauce. You could absolutely use whatever kind of veggie you have on hand in this one."
Hunts(R) Chicken with Mediterranean Vegetables
Stir-Fried Chicken with Tofu and Mixed Vegetables
Just swipe to see more like this.