Vegan Portobello Stroganoff10 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“A vegan version of an old classic. Meaty marinated portobellos give this dish the taste and mouth-feel of the original.” - by smallu
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk vegan sour cream, 1/2 cup water, minced onion, flour, vegan bouillon, garlic powder, basil, and black pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk red wine, olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and garlic in another bowl.
- Arrange mushroom caps with gill sides up in a baking dish and pour red wine mixture on top. Marinate for 20 minutes, then cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake mushrooms in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil, flip mushrooms, and continue baking until very tender, about 10 minutes more. Set aside to cool; dice mushrooms.
- Heat a saucepan sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms in sauce pan until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; reduce heat to low.
- Stir sour cream sauce into mushrooms. Continue to cook and stir until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes more. If the sauce becomes too thick, stir in 1/4 cup water.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 259 cal
- 13.5 g
- 25.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Really tasty and very easy! We had all the ingredients in our non-vegan home aside from Vegan Sour Cream and No-Beef Bouillon. Will definitely make it again!..." See more"
"WOW - this was really very good! I made it for a meat-loving dad and brother and they went back not just for seconds, but until it was all gone! I'll admit, I did cheat a little and not make it vega..." See moren, I added a little cream cheese to finish it off. I also sauteed some onions in butter. I know, I know, not the exact recipe, but OH so GOOD! This is going to be a regular recipe for me and I will do it vegan. Btw - also did some Shitake mushrooms with it and as others suggested, added the marinade into the cream sauce (yes, all of it). Absolutely delicious!"
"Very good! Definitely fulfilled the creamy, meaty pasta craving! Next time I will perhaps not add "all" of the marinade to the cream sauce. And I will follow the other reviewer's recommendation to add..." See more the fresh, minced onions to the marinade or saute first. Overall excellent!"
Vegan Bean Burgers
Holiday Vegan Gravy
Just swipe to see more like this.