Turkey Portobello Pizza2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This delicious mushroom pizza is easy and fun. You can substitute the turkey meat to make it vegetarian, too!” - by JK Henry
Original recipe yields 4 pizzas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Coat portobello mushrooms with about 1/4 cup olive oil on both sides; arrange mushrooms gill-side up on a baking sheet.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until onion begins to turn translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir turkey into onion mixture and reduce heat to medium-high; season with salt. Continue cooking and stirring until turkey is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain turkey, reserving about 1 tablespoon grease in the skillet.
- Stir tomatoes and pesto sauce into the turkey; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese in the center of each mushroom cap and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Divide turkey pesto sauce evenly over the mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese has melted, 10 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 871 cal
- 71.3 g
- 9.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Turkey Picadillo II
Turkey Meatballs with Vegetable Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.