Simple Garlic Shrimp103 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“If you like shrimp and LOVE garlic, I hope you give this fast and delicious recipe a try soon. Enjoy!” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until it just begins to smoke. Place shrimp in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Season shrimp with salt; cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, caper brine, 1 1/2 teaspoon cold butter, and half the parsley.
- Cook until butter has melted, about 1 minute, then turn heat to low and stir in 1 1/2 tablespoon cold butter. Cook and stir until all butter has melted to form a thick sauce and shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl; continue to cook butter sauce, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time if too thick, about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve shrimp topped with the pan sauce. Garnish with remaining flat-leaf parsley.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 196 cal
- 12 g
- 2.9 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (103)Rate This Recipe
"Absolutely delicious. Almost skipped the caper brine but decided on a last minute trip to the store for it. Absolutely worth it as it adds a certain zing. Company or weeknight - couldn't be better! Be..." See more sure to watch the video: it is short and gives helpful instructions."
"I love this! I didn't have caper brine, but it still turned out perfect to me. I added some chicken cubes (as I didn't have enough shrimp on hand at the time), cooked first before the shrimp as it nee..." See moreds more time. I served this with pasta for a quick dinner, yum!!"
Camarones al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
Garlic Shrimp Linguine
Just swipe to see more like this.