Left Over Spaghetti Lasagna8 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This is a dish intended for your left-over spaghetti. In my house there never seems to be enough left over to make this, so seeing as we love this dish a lot I make it with fresh spaghetti. Night #1 we are all dancing in our seat with pleasure as we eat dinner and lunch on day #2 is a treat beyond words.” - by Joey Joan
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in spaghetti and return to a boil. Cook until pasta is tender but still slightly firm, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Transfer spaghetti to a large bowl and toss with spaghetti sauce until well combined.
- Mix cottage cheese and sour cream in a bowl.
- Spread half the spaghetti with sauce into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the cottage cheese mixture evenly over the spaghetti.
- Place the remaining spaghetti and sauce in an even layer over the cottage cheese mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and the cheese is browned, 30 to 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 560 cal
- 16.6 g
- 70 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"I made a homemade meat marinara to go in this casserole. Instead of fat free sour cream, I used reduced fat. The family thought this was great--they ate every bite. NO LEFTOVERS. This was perfect for ..." See moreme because I could make the marinara in the crockpot and quick make the pasta, then mix and bake. I'll make this again."
"DELICIOUS!!! A bit involved if you make it "from scratch" (fresh spaghetti in the event that you don't have any leftover), but well worth it!..." See more"
Timballo Spaghetti Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.