Swanny's Killer Fajitas5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This is a great basic fajita recipe which can be tweaked to accommodate the whole family. Add some black beans or Spanish rice. Easy to spice up or down. Top each serving with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro and spoonfuls of sour cream, taco sauce, and guacamole.” - by Huge
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place chicken strips in a bowl and stir in lime juice, cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper; marinate chicken for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat and pour in olive oil. Cook and stir red bell pepper and onion in the hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes; move vegetables to the outer edge of the skillet.
- Place chicken strips with marinade in the center of the skillet and cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 3 minutes; cook and stir chicken and vegetables together until liquid in skillet has evaporated, about 2 more minutes. Set chicken and vegetables aside.
- Place corn tortillas on a microwave-safe plate with damp paper towels separating each tortilla. Cook in microwave until tortillas are hot and flexible, about 30 seconds.
- Place corn tortillas onto 4 serving plates; spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Top each tortilla with 1/4 of the chicken and vegetable mixture; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/4 cup lettuce and 2 tablespoons diced tomato.
- Top with any other desired toppings; repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 257 cal
- 12.6 g
- 19.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Easy recipe and easy to tweak! Since I didn't have lime, I used lemon (lime is best but I didn't have it on hand unfortunately) - I omitted the cayenne (kids) and added garlic powder. While the chicke..." See moren was marinating I started cutting up my veggies, I didn't have a red onion but yellow did just fine. Once the chicken was cooked , I tasted... it needed some salt and a little more chilli powder, cumin and garlic. AH yes that did the trick! :D IF you don't like the dryness of chicken breasts you can mix it up and cut up both chicken breasts and boneless skinless chicken thighs. YUM! Thank you for sharing this great recipe!"
"I made these hoping for much more. But I found that the chicken didn't have much of the yummy marinated taste that I thinking it would have. Albeit, I didn't have lime juice, so I used lemon juice, ..." See morebut i figured with the cumin, paprika, chili powder and cayenne it would be quite flavourful. Maybe I need to up the amount of spices. Will try again, however."
Chicken Pineapple Fajitas
Zesty Creamy Chicken Fajitas
Just swipe to see more like this.