Apple Potato Pancakes4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“We love these on Sundays but have been known to have them for dinner - alone or along with some sausage or bacon!” - by HeidiS
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Place shredded potatoes and apple in a clean kitchen towel. Gather towel on top and wring out excess liquid.
- Combine potatoes, apple, eggs, flour, and green onion in a bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large heavy sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Form mixture into palm-sized patties; fry in hot oil, working in batches, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes on each side. More oil may be needed with each batch.
- Remove pancakes from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve pancakes topped with sour cream.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 206 cal
- 7.4 g
- 29.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Don't think 'pancakes' - they are really Potato Latkes. You don't really taste the apple, none the less they are very good. I used one huge russet baking potato - grated it into a salad spinner f..." See moreull of cold water - rinsed the potatoes a couple of times to remove the excess starch - grated the apple into the same bowl, drained and spun it dry. Then I rinsed the bowl of the salad spinner and used that to mix the eggs, potatoes, onions etc... in. (one less bowl to wash) I used a heavy non stick skillet with just a bit of oil on the bottom. Once you get the potatoes into the skillet don't move or flip them until the edges are golden brown. Perfect, crispy - a delicious Sunday morning treat."
"I wasn't a big fan of this. It was OK, just not something I would go to the trouble of making again. Very heavy tasting (even more so than hashbrowns or pancakes) and I couldn't figure out the point..." See more of the apple since there really wasn't enough of it to make a difference in taste."
Potato Pancakes I
Delicious Stuffed Potato Pancakes
Just swipe to see more like this.