Ham and Wild Rice Casserole4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“This comfort food incorporates two Minnesota staples: wild rice and cream of mushroom soup.” - by ALN
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan. Add wild rice; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 35 minutes.
- Stir long grain rice into wild rice. Continue simmering until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 25 more minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms, onion, carrots, green pepper, and garlic until tender and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Mix white wine, soy sauce, dry mustard, and curry powder into the vegetables. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer until liquid is reduced, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine ham, cream of mushroom soup, and cooked rice with the vegetables. Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 626 cal
- 31.5 g
- 62.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This is easy and delicious.... and is good reheated if you have leftovers, too. I halved the recipe (there are only two of us) and used a red pepper instead of green. I also added 1 cup of green bee..." See morens, upped the curry powder (we like spice) and used lower fat mushroom soup and no-fat ham. It lowers the calories, fat and cholesterol count considerably without compromising taste. I also found one teaspoon of oil sufficient for frying the veggies. A great way to use leftover wild and white rice. Enjoy!"
Daniel In Dallas
"I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical, mostly because the last ham and wild rice casserole we tried was mostly mayonnaise and tasted like it. But, this casserole turned out excellent. We added extra..." See more curry and ate it with raisins and peanuts for a middle-eastern flair. The flavor combination was very good and we liked having lots of vegetables. We were worried that the soy sauce would make it too salty, but no problem there! Thanks for a delicious and (fairly) healthy ham casserole recipe!"
Ham and Wild Rice Quiche
Wild Rice and Turkey Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.