Quick and Easy Refried Beans6 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“When you don't have all day to make refried beans and you can't stand the canned ones, these are easy and delicious.” - by ptascoutmom
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat canola oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic cloves in hot oil, turning once, until brown on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Smash garlic cloves in skillet with a fork.
- Stir pinto beans, cumin, chili powder, and salt into mashed garlic and cook until beans are thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Smash bean mixture with a potato masher to desired texture. Squeeze lime juice over smashed beans and stir until combined.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 132 cal
- 5.6 g
- 16.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"3 out of 4 of my kid's liked these. We used them to make bean burrito's. By themselves they need something more to flavor but when paired with something (like in the burritos) they were ok. They were ..." See morea little on the dry side also but I drained and rinsed my beans since the recipe did not specify if they needed to be drained or not."
"I prefer the taste of refried beans that use bacon grease or lard, but these aren't bad and are certainly healthier. I also added a couple of tablespoons of chopped onion with the garlic to give a bi..." See moret more flavour."
"As I prepared this tonight I was thinking our enchiladas would end up served with just rice. I wasn't hopeful about them at all. First, I meant to add some bacon - and forgot. I figured this was now g..." See moreoing to be hopelessly non-flavorful without it. I did add half a tomato (peeled, seeded and chopped) I needed to put to good use and that proved to be a nice addition. After I mixed this up I gave it a taste and thought it had too predominant a taste of cumin. To top that off, the beans were soupy. But I kept simmering and stirring, reminding myself that the beans I get in Mexican restaurants are sometimes kind of soupy! They did thicken up after 10-15 minutes of simmering, and Hubs remarked that they were pretty "D" good. And I didn't even miss the bacon!"
Buffy's Refried Beans
Vegan Refried Beans
Just swipe to see more like this.