Spinach Mushroom Lasagna9 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Delicious! This lasagna combines fresh mushrooms, spinach, four cheeses, and plenty of garlic. Can be prepared up to 48 hours ahead.” - by JElder81
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large bowl of salted water to a boil. Stir in lasagna noodles and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the noodles have cooked through but are still slightly firm, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Mix eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, and Italian seasoning in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir mushrooms, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until vegetables are tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir flour and black pepper into mushroom mixture until thoroughly combined; add milk. Cook and stir until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir spinach and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese into the mushroom sauce.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Spread 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of the mushroom sauce over the cottage cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese on top. Repeat the layers twice more.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over the lasagna.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, about 35 minutes. Allow lasagna to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 304 cal
- 13.3 g
- 24.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This was great! For simplicity's sake, I used whole wheat lasagna noodles and did not cook them. I also didn't "really" measure the ingredients- I just threw in what I had of each item, and it still..." See more turned out great. And dare I say it- it was even better reheated the next day for lunch! This one will be a regular in our house. (For uncooked noodles: Just layer as you normally would and add several TBSP of water to the each corners wrap tightly with foil and bake for about 50 min on 350. When a knife easily slices thru the layers, it's finished. Take off foil and broil for a few minutes to brown the cheese.)"
"I lightened things up with using ff cottage cheese, part skim ricotta cheese, egg beaters instead of eggs and one tablespoon evoo. I also only had 1 lb of thawed spinach and that was too much for us...." See more Can't imagine it with any more. Definitely needs more mushrooms too - more like 8 cups for our taste. I did not cook the noodles first and it cooked up fine with a bit of water added in the corner of my lasagna pan. Will make again and change it up per our tastes. The milk/flour ratio is spot on and the sauce thickened beautifully. Nice change of pace."
Extra-Easy Spinach Lasagna
Spinach Mushroom and Ricotta Fettuccine
Just swipe to see more like this.