Roasted Autumn Root Vegetables5 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Roasting brings out the great flavor of root vegetables. Good anytime, but especially in the fall when good roots are available at farmer's markets.” - by WillMetz
Original recipe yields 0 servings
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss beets, potatoes, parsnips, turnips, and rutabaga with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread seasoned vegetables over prepared baking dish.
- Roast vegetables in the preheated oven until beets are easily pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes.
- Stir vegetable broth, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Pour broth mixture over vegetables and continue roasting until liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes more.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to a bowl and toss with goat cheese.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 136 cal
- 6.3 g
- 16.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This was terrific! I have never really cooked root vegetables before and didn't know what to expect. Even my incredibly picky husband liked it. (Not so much the 4 yr old but what does he know?)..." See more"
"Vegetable broth and goat cheese was not on hand, so I substituted for it with a few splashes of white wine and shredded parmesean/romano cheeses and it was still fabulous...." See more"
Savory Roasted Root Vegetables
Oven Roasted Root Vegetables
Just swipe to see more like this.