Spicy Black Bean Burgers3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Super yummy and simple black bean burgers with a spicy jalapeno twist!” - by kathleenem
Original recipe yields 4 burgers
- Whisk egg, cumin, chili powder, and chile-garlic sauce together in a bowl.
- Mash black beans in a separate bowl until they reach a paste-like consistency.
- Stir jalapeno pepper, corn, and garlic through the black bean paste.
- Mix the egg mixture into the black bean mixture.
- Scatter the bread crumbs over the black bean mixture; mix with your hands to evenly incorporate.
- Form the resulting mixture into 4 patties.
- Pour flour into the bottom of a shallow dish; coat the patties in the flour to help them hold shape.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties in hot oil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 339 cal
- 10.6 g
- 50.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Spicy Black Bean Burger Haiku: "Yum, BB patties. Expected more of a kick, but still they were good." W/ the Sriracha, chili powder & jalapeno, I anticipated fire-breath w/ these, but they were surpris..." See moreingly tame (well, OK, I wouldn't have given one to my pre-schooler), but I like things scorching. I used finely-crushed Saltine crackers (out of bread crumbs), and frozen corn (a handful of what was left in a bag to avoid opening a can.) I skipped the "coat-in-flour" step and formed, wrapped, and froze mine instead, b/c everytime I make chick pea or BB patties, I find that freezing them holds them together much better, and they go directly from freezer to skillet w/ no problems. I did mine in EVOO and ate alongside a basic salad, rather than burger-style. Nummy!"
"I tried the recipe, the flavor was exactly what I was going for but they seemed dry. Actually on here now looking for reviews or comments to make them more moist..." See more"
"Tasted great, but they took forever to make. If you're not an expert at frying (which admittedly I am not) you will have trouble with this recipe. Although I followed the directions exactly, the patti..." See morees kept falling apart in the skillet. Not a recipe I will attempt again. Way too much work."
Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.