Black Bean Burgers6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“This is a great recipe, even for meat eaters!” - by DANIKA1066
Original recipe yields 8 burgers
- Blend black beans and jalapeno pepper in a food processor until the beans are completely pureed; transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix breadcrumbs, red bell pepper, onion, eggs, cumin, chili powder, garlic, liquid smoke flavoring, and ranch dressing mix into the black bean mixture until evenly combined.
- Chill mixture in freezer until firm enough to shape into patties, about 1 hour.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions; shape into patties.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook burgers in hot oil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Top burgers with smoked Gouda cheese to serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 404 cal
- 21.1 g
- 36.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Really good. I am trying to incorporate more bean dishes into my families diet and this was a hit for me. First time I've tried homemade bean burgers and I was pleasantly surprised. I omitted the liqu..." See moreid smoke because I didn't have any, cut down the cumin and chili power to 2 teaspoons each and omitted the ranch dressing mix altogether because I'm not a fan of prepackaged junk and they were still delicious and flavorful."
"I have tried about 10 homemade veggie burger recipes that all had good flavor but fell apart because they were too soft/liquidy. This is the first one i've tried that the burger holds together well a..." See morend it has good flavor. I will keep this recipe handy."
"WOW! Delicious. Didn't mince the jalapeno, just de-stemmed one and threw it into the food processor whole with the beans. Took substantially longer to cook until no longer a mushy mess, but that's ..." See morenot a big deal. Used yellow pepper because that's what I had on hand. Will most definitely make again."
Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.