Quinoa Black Bean Burgers187 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“These vegetarian burgers are delicious! Your carnivorous friends will be impressed. My favorite way to serve is on a whole-wheat bun with garlic-lemon mayonnaise, fresh raw spinach, sliced tomato, and caramelized onions!” - by DownHomeCitySisters.com
Original recipe yields 5 burgers
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
- Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, hot pepper sauce, and egg into the black beans using your hands.
- Form the black bean mixture into 5 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the patties in the hot oil until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 245 cal
- 10.6 g
- 28.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (187)Rate This Recipe
"This is the best vegetarian burger I've ever made! When I cook with quinoa, I usually use 1 part Quinoa to 2 parts water, so I double-checked the website where this recipe originated. It calls for 3/4..." See more cup cooked quinoa, so you might want to adjust your recipe accordingly. Definitely worth a try!"
"I used 3/4 of a cup of quinoa and got 8 regular sized patties, but I actually think 1/2 cup of quinoa is enough. I put them in the oven at 400 for 30 min. and they came out crunchy and tasty. I did no..." See moret have yellow bell pepper so I used tomato, and garlic powder since I did not have garlic either. This recipe is very forgiving in terms of ingredients."
"I was so excited about making these. This is my first attempt at making a veggie burger and they turned out great. Only made some small changes: I always use chicken stock instead of water to cook my ..." See morequinoa. Substituted shredded carrot for the bell pepper, used 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, 2 teaspoons of Crystal hot sauce and used 1/2 2 egg portion of Egg Beaters instead of 1 egg. I baked first then browned in skillet w/olive oil. I melted thinly sliced low-fat cheddar cheese on top to get that 'cheeseburger' experience. Served on whole wheat toasted bread with mustard, tomato and spinach. DELICIOUS!"
Quinoa and Black Beans
Black Bean Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.