Greek Artichoke Appetizer2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I got this recipe from my mother. This is one of the many great recipes my family and friends love.” - by bretdca
Original recipe yields 36 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease a 10x7x2-inch baking dish.
- Drain marinade from one jar of artichoke hearts into a skillet.
- Pour artichoke hearts from drained jar and the entire second jar (marinade and artichoke hearts) into a food processor. Blend until artichoke hearts are coarsely chopped and set aside.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in the skillet with marinade over medium-low heat until onions are light brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir onion mixture, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, oregano, and hot pepper sauce together until well mixed.
- Stir sharp Cheddar cheese, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and chopped artichoke heart mixture into the onion mixture. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into 1-inch squares and serve warm or cold.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 59 cal
- 4.2 g
- 2 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is like another recipe I tried this weekend, the exception being that this used bread crumbs rather than saltines. I really couldn't tell the difference between the two except that maybe this tu..." See morerned out a little more compact (I used Progresso Italian crumbs). This recipe is always a winner with company!"
"This recipe was a relatively easy recipe to put together and was a great success as an appetizer. The flavor was a very pleasant surprised. I made one modification in the recipe because it looked li..." See moreke too much cheese so I put in about 60% of what the recipe called for and it turned out to be a good call. Everyone who had some of this asked for the recipe."
Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
Artichoke Heart and Chopped Olive Crostini
Just swipe to see more like this.